Sunday, March 18, 2012

Quick, homemade pizza!

One of my favorite quick food items to have is definitely pizza ... but some of the times, I find myself having complaints about store-bought or restaurant-bought pizza: too much/too little cheese, not enough toppings, etc! So what I do instead is do a "homemade" pizza! --- Quick and easy, and delicious too!

What you need:

Pizza base
Ketchup
Toppings of choice
Cheese of choice
Salt and Pepper

Directions:

So primarily, here's the pizza base that I use:


In a bowl, I mix together ketchup, salt and pepper, and use that as my "sauce" by spreading it on the base --


I know there's always the big debate on whether the cheese comes first or if the toppings come first! My choice? ... Topping first! I most frequently use onions, green peppers, and tomatoes!


Then, of course, the best part - the cheese! I tend to use either the Mexican 3 or 4 cheese blend or Mozzarella ... This time I went with the Mexican blend --


And then the pizza goes in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes and here it is --


A lot of the times when I make pizza, it's only for the family, but my friends mom entertains quite a bit and people LOVE pizza so she's whip up some and cut it into square pieces and serve as kind of a mini-appetizer! ... If you think about it, it's actually pretty convenient because you can make it EXACTLY how you want it, and it's quite a bit cheaper than store-bought pizza too!

What do you like on your pizza? Do you make it at home or usually get store-bought or from a restaurant?

No comments:

Post a Comment