Friday, March 9, 2012

Sprinkles Cupcakes!

I know I have discussed this place with a lot of people already because I absolutely LOVE it, but I wanted to do an official post ... as proof that I actually love it THAT much! I speak of, of course, the amazing Sprinkles Cupcakes!

Sprinkles was founded by Candace Nelson, who is a judge on Cupcake Wars on the Food Network as many of you may have seen, and is a pastry chef at the world's first cupcake bakery: Sprinkles Cupcakes. The first Sprinkles location was in Beverly Hills, CA, which opened in 2005, and this place has lived up to its reputation ever since!

They have 8 different locations in the U.S which can be found listed here: http://sprinkles.com/cupcake-bakery-locations/beverly-hills/ as well as a Sprinklesmobile!

This cupcake bakery uses only the best ingredients and bakes fresh batches of cupcakes at each location throughout the day, with many different ingredients, creating many unique flavors. Here's how they describe their own product:

"Sprinkles Cupcakes are handcrafted from the finest ingredients, including sweet cream butter, bittersweet Belgian chocolate, pure Madagascar Bourbon vanilla, fresh bananas and carrots, real strawberries and natural citrus zests. Topped with Sprinkles trademark modern dots, rich chocolate sprinkles from France or seasonal sugar decorations, Sprinkles gourmet cupcakes are a deliciously sophisticated update on an American classic" (taken from http://sprinkles.com/).

My brief description of their cupcakes? Butter-y, heavenly deliciousness packed into every single bite that you will devour! YUM!

They are open 7 days a week for your cupcake-enjoyment and offer their variety of flavors, depending on the day of the week (some offered every day and others offered only on some days). This is their complete list:


From this list, by far, my two favorites are Chocolate Coconut and Vanilla Milk Chocolate! Their most popular cupcake is the Red Velvet, which I have tried and loved, along with a few others: black and white, carrot, banana ... anddd the list continues! I have not yet found a cupcake flavor that I have not enjoyed! In addition to this list, they offer some cupcakes monthly/weekly/seasonally! This is the link to their full calendar: http://sprinkles.com/gourmet-cupcake-flavors/menu/.

I'm pretty convinced that with their flavor choice, you are bound to find something you'll enjoy. When you walk in the bakery, they have their cupcakes on display, which is absolutely captivating -








See what I mean?! ... I'm not sure how many people walk away with just one! ... Let me tell you - I never have!

Here are pictures of my favorite cupcakes that I've purchased:

 Lemon Cupcake and Black & White Cupcake

Milk Chocolate Cupcake and Salty Caramel Cupcake


Additionally Sprinkes offers a great perk! If you're a fan of their Facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/sprinkles they post a daily "word / phrase" of the day which enables you get a complimentary cupcake! It is limited to the first 50 people, but I think there has only been one time that I went in and wasn't able to take advantage of this offer. I would say a lot of their times it's a selected cupcake that you can get for free, but I have seen both "receive a surprise cupcake" and "receive a cupcake of your choice" as well! ... In any case, it's a free cupcake, so it gives you chance to try something new or get one of your favorites at no charge if you can choose! Each individual cupcake store also has their own Facebook page where they sometimes publish additional free "word / phase" of the day offers, so when you're on their main page, be sure to find and become fan of those as well! ... If you're not on Facebook, they also have a Twitter page: https://twitter.com/#!/sprinkles along with Twitter pages for each individual store, so you can find those as well!

And as if all that wasn't enough ... If going inside the store to pick up cupcakes is not your thing, Sprinkles Cupcakes currently offers a 24-hour CUPCAKE ATM (currently only at the Beverly Hills location). Yup - basically exactly how it sounds! All of your favorite cupcakes can be found inside an ATM that will dispense the cupcake of your choice after you've slid your credit card! ... This innovation was created by Candace Nelson during her pregnancy when she was having late-night cravings for cupcakes! They hope to have these ATM's at every store in the future.

Here's a link if you would like to watch a short video about the cupcake ATM's: http://abcnews.go.com/Video/video?catId=2521702


Other links:
Candace Nelson's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sprinklescandace

All opinions about this cupcakery are my own.

Let me know: is there a Sprinkles around your area? Do you have any other cupcake bakeries in your area that are your favorites? What are some of your favorite cupcake flavors? :o)

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to remember this place next time I am up in Scottsdale! We have a couple cupcake places in Tucson, and the hubby occasionally stops by one after work to surprise me with a cupcake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually never had a chance to go to any cupcake places in Tucson (we went to get Frozen Yogurt quite a bit though. LOL) but I hope you get a chance to go to Sprinkles the next time you're here! :)

      Delete
  2. There's a Sprinkles in my city, but I have yet to try it. I am glad to hear that it lives up to all of the hype. Now I will definitely have to try it. That ATM idea is frickin' genius!!! Love your post Rashmi :)

    ReplyDelete